Monday 4 March 2013

Fiji Time


Fiji time...that is a concept in Fiji where things happen when they happen, if they happen. It's Fiji Time. Whenever.  Fiji time can be frustrating and liberating. You just have to embrace it. However, some things did happen on time - the boat was always on time and meals were always on time.

I really liked my short but relaxing trip to the Yasawa Islands. I went to Waya Lailai Ecohaven on Waya Lailai Island, which had good food and hammocks. I went snorkeling there and the coral was just as great as the Great Barrier Reef. The fish were not as good though. The ocean was a royal blue. It was very pretty. I slept a lot, just relaxed and read my books.

One morning I got up at 4am to hike up the mountain in order to see the sunrise from the top. The hike was supposed to start at 4:15am. A group of us waited for an hour before the guide showed up to tell us that the hike was cancelled. Fiji time. Since I was up already, I decided to watch the sunrise.

Sunrise in Fiji


At this resort there were a group of guys called the "Bula Boys". Every night after supper they would perform Fijian dances including dancing with fire. During the day they ran boat tours and shuttles to the Yasawa Flyer, the boat that took tourists to the different islands.

Bula Boys

Next it was Korovou Resort on Naviti Island. That was a great resort, but the food wasn't so good. Oh well. I relaxed in the hammock on the beach and had great views of the bay. Fiji was really relaxing and a great trip.

Another popular destination in the Yasawa chain is Beachcomber Resort on Beachcomber Island. 

Yasawa Flyer


For information or to book, please visit: http://www.awesomefiji.com

~Angie

Featured post

What I Learned While Backpacking - Tips On Packing, Money, And Safety

I traveled by myself to the South Pacific - specifically New Zealand. I went to Los Angeles, then spent one month in Australia, then backpa...