Tuesday 14 May 2013

A Day At Universal Studios, Hollywood

Universal Studios, Hollywood...a must see for any movie fan.

The "Universal Studios" globe


The first stop of the day was the studio tour. This was really cool. I got on the 'train', a bunch of cars all hooked together that provide open air seats, so that you can see everything. There was lots to see...

Wisteria Lane from the Desperate Housewives set. The studio where CSI was filmed. Norman Bates carried a body from the "Bates Motel". And the War of the Worlds set, having just been used to film the Tom Cruise version of the classic story.

Norman Bates outside the "Bates Motel"


The "War of the Worlds" set


There was also a set for a simulated earthquake where I got to experience an earthquake for the first time. (This was about five months before I experienced a real earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand, but it was a scary experience none-the-less.)

After my studio tour finished I wandered around the Universal lot. Lots to see. I 'met' Lisa Simpson before heading down to the park to check out the rides. Afterward, I decided to watch "Waterworld", a live production put on every day.

Lisa Simpson & me


"Waterworld"

I even had time to watch a movie. It was a full day and a really fun day.

Tickets can be purchased from your hotel or hostel, including transportation. Or they can be bought at the Studios entrance. You can also buy them before you go, online at: http://www.universalstudioshollywood.com/

~Angie

Featured post

What I Learned While Backpacking - Tips On Packing, Money, And Safety

I traveled by myself to the South Pacific - specifically New Zealand. I went to Los Angeles, then spent one month in Australia, then backpa...