Thursday 15 August 2013

One Day In Toronto


What can you do if you have only one day to see Toronto? A harbour cruise and the CN Tower!

I started my day walking to the waterfront to get on the first cruise to the harbour islands. There are a few options to cruise the Toronto Harbour...I chose Harbour Tours Toronto as this tour runs every hour and takes you to the islands, it also gives great views of the Toronto skyline. This tour was reasonably priced and the guide was great. She was entertaining and had lots of information about Toronto. The islands include a yacht club, where competitions are held annually. They were used as locations in a few movies including one of the Police Academy movies. One island is an animal sanctuary and no one is allowed to go on it.

More information can be found at: http://www.harbourtourstoronto.ca/

View of the Toronto Skyline
   
Cruising around the Harbour Islands - one of the locals


In the afternoon I went to see the CN Tower (Canadian National Tower). It was really important to see the CN Tower because it is so closely associated with Toronto and, by association, with Canada. There are several options when you visit the CN Tower. You can go part way up and stand on the glass floor, or you can go to the top to the Sky Pod for great views of Toronto. Or the more daring can walk around the rim of the sky terrace on the EdgeWalk. 

I went to the first observation deck and faced my fear of heights (again) by standing on the glass floor. It was really crowded, but I still got a few photos to prove it! Then I went to the top of the tower to the Sky Pod. It's a bit more money, but still reasonable. I walked around for 360 degree views of Toronto. It was amazing!

More information can be found at: http://www.cntower.ca/en-ca/home.html

On the glass floor, CN Tower

At the top!


~Angie

Featured post

What I Learned While Backpacking - Tips On Packing, Money, And Safety

I traveled by myself to the South Pacific - specifically New Zealand. I went to Los Angeles, then spent one month in Australia, then backpa...