Thursday 19 April 2012

Crocodile Country





While in Mission Beach, Australia, I was told to make sure I was on the side of the creek where my hostel was located because high tide would make the water as high as my chin - and there are crocodiles.

I went to Innisfail, Queensland. The town is bigger than Innisfail, Alberta & has a crocodile farm. I held a baby crocodile - it felt really nice. The lady who brought him out said he would make a good Gucci purse. That is what he felt like. Most of the crocodiles on the farm are there for the purpose of selling for their skin & meat.

I also held an American Alligator. He had rougher skin. And I held a snake! It was a little scary at first, especially when he started moving his head!

Very cool!

Angie

Featured post

What I Learned While Backpacking - Tips On Packing, Money, And Safety

I traveled by myself to the South Pacific - specifically New Zealand. I went to Los Angeles, then spent one month in Australia, then backpa...